Gostou dessa música? Curta nas redes sociais:
quinta-feira, 14 de junho de 2012
In 2007, I was deeply fascinated by Real Dolls. I watched a documentary calledGuys and Dolls and talked about it forever. It was around when Lars and the Real Girl came out, so I watched that too. Good stuff, but the documentary was way better because no matter how good an actor you are, you can’t quite capture the expression a real man gets on his face when he looks at his Real fake Doll. Or fake Real Doll. Whatever. It’s complicated love.
But, as it goes with most things I’m captured by, I eventually lose interest and go on my merry way. Sometimes in my quest for dubious knowledge, I find other things I want to get back to, and I save them in my drafts. They usually to get lost in the torrent of crap I save and never look at again. I have every intention of revisiting those drafts and once in a while I even do half-heartedly sift through them. But then I just wonder why I cared about President’s Park or Jack Torrence’s book. Actually, yeah, I’m still into President’s Park. If I’m ever in the Black Hills of South Dakota, I’m totally going there. And you can page through Jack’s book on Blurb (where another great book is.)
Today I found something I don’t even remember saving but it must have been when I was into the Real Dolls and I must have repressed it. They’re Reborn Babies (only $478.85 on ebay…so way cheaper than a real baby)! They’re Real Dolls in baby form. With just a little research, I’ve discovered that it’s an art form to reborn dolls. That’s right. I used reborn as a verb. I expect to see a movie any day about someone pretending their reborn doll is real. I probably won’t go see it.
I just thought you’d want to know this exists. You might even want to sift through your Christmas cards to see if any of those so-called newborns your friends sent pictures of look suspiciously like any of these reborns: